Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fecal Matters: An Encore

i got home and solomon said no more meat and that he had found religion.
i had just come from the therapist where it was decided upon that i needed to go vegetarian again in order to keep from shitting giant brick-like turds. and apparently i need to create a god. that's what she said anyway. maybe i'll build a god out of my own giant brick-like turds.
social anxiety was discussed. solutions seem simple, but i'm not sure how actions add together to equal said solution. either way, i came away with this:
i am wearing the same clothes i have all day, so why should i feel less comfortable in them right now? but i suspect that that's just a sentence that i think sounds good to end the topic but that doesn't really mean anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger brendar said...

Change. If we put on anything for too long it becomes uncomfortable. This will sound awfully Christian but, perhaps instead of creating a god you should allow yourself to be created?

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. If you find an answer, let me know.

One thing I have realized that I think is true in general, is that as you get older, you just care less and less what other people think. Which helps a lot in some ways, but is not so good as far as helping you to behave in a normal or even tolerable fashion around other people.

The other thing I have noticed, which is also a double edged sword, is that your craving to have lots of friends reduces quite a bit over time. So, it is a problem that solves itself in a sense, but this fact also makes it harder to actually want to bother with people; these days I actually have invitations to do stuff constantly, and I just can't be bothered with most of it, though; even though I have no real nervousness like maybe I did 10 years ago. Which is even more frustrating, and begs the question exactly of what it might take to make me reasonably happy at this point.

I like to think I am an unique and special snowflake, but according to my psychology classes (which I do not believe in...in fact I think the whole time I spent at school may be a product of a fanciful imagination) everyone sort of progresses in life like this.

So, I would not worry too much, on this account. Or maybe you should worry more, while you still care enough to worry and it's not too late. That's for you to decide, I suppose.

As for building a god out of poop, you absolutely have to read the unbearable lightness of being if you have not done so already. Since you love poop and philosophy so much it should be right up your alley. So to speak.

I thought it was pretty ludicrous and infantile towards the end, but still amusing. I enjoy a good poop more than any allegedly straight guy should possibly admit to, but I think he went a tad too far with his talk about god and poop.

I had something else to say which was vastly important or witty (to me at least), but I seem to have lost it, which I guess is sort of my own particular...idiom so to speak. As sir lancelot would say.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page Who Links Here