Thursday, August 18, 2005

I Heart Birdies

In the spirit of doing laundry, Tiberius is knocking down a small stack of quarters and preparing to eat them, or at least hurl them mercilessly to the floor so that they know who's boss. I think they get the point, those quarters. Tibby (for short) doesn't understand what the deal is with the state quarters and why so many humans run to walmart to buy books to store pretty new quarters in and harass jaded bank employees who are currently ruing the decision this country made to have so many states. The United Drawn and Quartered States of America.
I just recently started reading this GREAT book by Bob Tarte entitle Enslaved By Ducks. It comes highly recommended by someone who thinks highly of her own recommendations. I also bought the Dalai Lama's (Dolly Llama) foolproof guide to being happy. I decided I should try to offer something better to the blogging world.
Should I get Tiberius's wings clipped so that I can take him on pleasant strolls, but take away some of his flying prowess? Or should I continue to confine him to an indoor life (not to be confused with life on planet Endor) but let him flying around with full wing power? Please let me know, oh great blogging birdie who knows all.
It Tibby had his own blog, he would just poop on it and then toss it to the floor. I respect this in a bird.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

If I were a bird, I would rather enjoy the feeling of being a bird, even in tightish quarters, than feel wrong all the time and not be free anyway.

State quarters? Good god.

2:47 PM  
Blogger la fille du fromage said...

Thanks for your input. I'll pass on to the bird.
I have actually taken the exisitance of the state quarters as proof of the nonexistance of God.
The two can never coexist in my book.
"and he said, "show me a denarius." "whose picture is on it," he asked. "kentucky's," they replied. "return, therefore, kentucky's things to kentucky, but god's things to god"."

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just another sign that emperor bush has turned his face from the sight of god in shame. I can't wait til Yaweh decides to turn that fool into a pillar of salt. When he's burning in hell, I'll ask Jesus if I can send him a glass of Koolaid, though, because I'm forgiving like that. You know I am only kidding about all this, I imagine.

I will have to get that book just due to the title. Your post today is very funny, and maybe it's when you are sad you do your best blogging? Or are you feeling better now? Hope so. I've been really angry and annoyed lately, which when it gets to a certain level sort of wraps around and becomes enjoyable in some sick way. But now I am bored with my martyrdom and am just sort of existing.

That title reminds me of a great book by Harry Harrison. Bil The Galactic Hero And The Planet Of 10,000 Bars. Actually, it's one of a series of great books.

Bil is a wonderful character who is in the space marines and spends all his time and energy trying to find ways not to work or fight...which is doubly funny to me because he reminds me so much of my brother (both because his name is Bill and he has just dodged going to Iraq to participate in How Emperor Bush Got His Groove Back for the FOURTH time now, through means various and devious). On the surface it is light and funny, but there is a lot of very good satire against warmongers in there and I think it applies even more today than it did when it was written.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another one you would like is the cyberiad.

5:51 PM  
Blogger la fille du fromage said...

thanks for the nice comments. you know, everytime i look at that HITS map I am amazed that someone in Africa has a computer. And then I think, Oh, well, it IS South Africa, of course. And then I think about how racist that is. It happens every time.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Don't worry. That's not racism. That is propaganda and conditioning. Some of it is racsist, but most of it just puts the rest of the world, all colours and areas, on a lower level of (social and itellectual)development than the USA. Believe me, the world looks a hell of a lot different than those pictures in your head. I know this from first hand experience.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page Who Links Here