Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Morality falls at the wayside

So, I've given the matter a lot of thought while gazing lustfully at bacon off and on for about three years, and you know what? Pigs don't trompe all over the earth in herds and ruin topsoil. Political moguls in third world countries don't starve their own nation while profiting from the grain sales to the pig-raising industry. Forests aren't being cleared for pigs to stampede around. They aren't contributing to flooding and wildfires. Pigs don't require tasty grains to subsist. Why! Their very food is called "slop"! Also, pig farmers occasionally give their pigs baths in buttermilk before entering them in county fairs and the like. Where are the "Save the Buttermilk" picketers? Is it just me, or is morality in general so very arbitrary? To sum things up: I'm eatin' pigs.
I'll just join PETA and call it even.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.

Love,
Your favorite pig

1:03 AM  
Blogger @timo99 on Apple Music said...

Mmmm ba-cone! Ah yes, the magical beast that brings forth bacon, ham, pork chops, sausage, rinds and pickled feet, not to mention footballs. Big high-5!

8:27 AM  
Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

Homer Simpson: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer Simpson: Ham?
Lisa: No!
Homer Simpson: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal!
Homer Simpson: Heh heh heh ... ooh ... yeah ... right, Lisa. A wonderful ... magical animal.

9:52 AM  
Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

And a very Happy Birthday to you!!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Curse my night job! I am a day late. Wait! In Sweden, there is a second day of Christmas and a second day of Easter. I now invoke the "second day" rule, and congratulate you ON TIME!
I glided back into omnivority on pig fat myself, if I remember correctly. At 26. I remain there to this day, with certain misgivings and a lot of chickpeas, beans, and lentils.

10:24 AM  
Blogger la fille du fromage said...

i love chickpeas almost more than life itself!!!
we are like twins!
sigh...it may be morally irreprehensible of me, but...bacon.

1:12 PM  
Blogger brendar said...

I'm so proud of you right now I could cry.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page Who Links Here