Tuesday, November 30, 2004

"Right on my biscuit"

the first person to correctly identify who said that and in what movie wins something. the catch being that you can't be a family member of mine or use the internet. you just have to know. i just know. and it's this simple fact that woke me up at four o'clock in the morning about 5 days ago. a conversation i had had before retiring was rambling around in my head. a friend of mine, in casual conversation, had said, "i like to watch." then he got a little smile on his face indicating that the phrase was special to him. in an unexpected blast of the antithesis of pop culture brilliance, i referred to him as Chance the Gardener. i felt a completely unjustified pride swell through my members. anyway. there is no point to this story. but thinking about it woke me up at four a.m.
well, it wasn't the only thing that woke me up. i had this crazy vision of these pirates getting shipwrecked on an island with all their booty. you know, all their useless booty, since it was worth nothing to them on the island and no one there even knew who elvis costello was. so they melted down their gold and silver and made a giant image to the god of desalination- that particular god being of particular importance to them at this particular juncture in their pirate lives. so i was wondering if that made them desalinationalistic. the other two thoughts plaguing my weary brain were that i didn't like the notion of powerful ring-leaders in the spirit realm and that the difference between my company and me was that i would never just lay my toothbrush down on the edge of someone elses sink. it's obviously way easier for bacterium to climb on it there than if it were tidily placed away somewhere out of the beaten germ-infested path or at leasted hoisted up in the air so that those bacterium would have to work for it.
"elevate me" "what, here?now?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg Garvin said...

I must admit that most of the time, I only barely understand what you are talking about. I suppose that's because I'm a quite a few notches lower than cool.

But ... I must admit that I love to read your posts. They're a bit like drug-induced poetry. There's some sort of intuative appeal to them. I just don't know what the heck you mean ...

5:27 PM  
Blogger brendar said...

I am bothered, deeply by the fact that I understand every word.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Glitzy said...

Good ol' Chance the Gardener. I forgot about that book turned movie and was reminded when I saw "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" last month. And then, it came on some cable channel. Great flick! :)

"Put the candle back"

I unfortunately don't know the "Right on my biscuit" quote.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page Who Links Here