Saturday, December 04, 2004

when i think back on all the crap i learned in high school

curt was asking if anyone reads my blog. there isn't really a way to tell unless they comment. i told him that a couple of people stop by occasionally that i know of for sure. when i told him their usernames, he asked me if i was sure they weren't martians. hee hee. you know who you are- gar and brendar. have you guys thought about how your names sound martianlike? it hadn't crossed my mind, but it's pretty funny.
i like reading the blogs of others. it's interesting to see all the various styles. you can almost tell immediately whether someone is a crashing, vapid bore.
i definitely think that the music you hear as a child shapes your personality. curt listened to lionel richie and paul simon. he is overall a fairly happy go lucky creature. who am i to blow against the wind? i listened to johnny cash and pink floyd. i am like the creature that crawled out of the druggies swamp only to freeze to death while picking cotton.
i dropped tiberius off at birds unlimited an hour or so ago. they are going to keep him while we vacation in the desert. i feel sad that tiberius doesn't understand that we are coming back for him. the owner of that store intimidates me big time. and i am not easily intimidated.
i also bought a dinosaur village playset today for $3.99. an excellent find. i will transport photos of the carnivores in their natural plastic setting forthwith.
your friend,
la fille du fromage

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg Garvin said...

I cannot speak for the formidable Brendar, but I am only 15% Martian. 50% Canadian, 7% Irish ... the remainder I won't bother to identify.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not the style so much as the atmosphere- a few seconds and you feel like you're suffocating. Here I can breathe.
-Jeanne

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which was of course a compliment.

Most enjoyable is idle or not-so-idle banter. You are able to reply to comments, I hope?

-Jeanne

9:32 AM  
Blogger brendar said...

I am no Martian at all, half Jewish, half Irish and half Baltimoron...the rest isn't worth mention. Unfortunately I got the discipline of the Irish and the luck of the Jews!

3:12 PM  
Blogger la fille du fromage said...

Jeanne, i tried to rwespond, but I am an idiot and went about it all the wrong way. Thanks for your comments. I hope you can breathe. Do you have a blog somewhere?

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No blog yet, but I'm sorely tempted. I'll direct you there if and when.

Who on earth said "Right on my biscuit"? Not Gene Wilder, I pressume.

Have you read Tony Hillerman?

-Jeanne

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some bastard stole my johnny cash cd...also, I really love johnny cash and pink floyd, especially the wall. I suppose you are not at all surprised.

I fell in to a burning ring of fire....

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page Who Links Here